In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Raja Ram Mohan Roy. Short essay on Raja Ram Mohan Roy for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Check out the articles on 10 Lines on Rabindranath Tagore
10 Lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy For Students & Children in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy in English
1. Raja Ram Mohan Roy was born on 22nd May 1772.
2. His parents were Ramakanta Roy and Tarini Devi.
3. He learned several languages like Arabian, French, Sanskrit, and English.
4. He tried to abolish many evil social customs like ‘Sati Paratha.
5. He fought against the existing superstitions and dogmatism in Indian society.
6. He suggested several measures for administrative and social reforms.
7. He was the founder of Brahma Dharma.
8. The king of Delhi gave ‘Raja’ titles to Raja Ram Mohan Roy.
9. He passed away in Bristol on 27th September 1833.
10. He is known as the Father of modern India.
( Set-2 ) Ten | 10 lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy in English
1. Raja Ram Mohan Roy was born in British-ruled Bengal.
2 He worked as the assistant of John Digby, a company official.
3. Roy studied several languages.
4. He wrote on the ethical teachings of Christ.
5. He sought to introduce what was good for society and the people.
6. He believed in the freedom of the press.
7. Roy founded the Brahmo Samaj in 1828.
8. Through Roy’s strong efforts, Sati was banned by the British.
9. He was granted the title of Raja by the titular king of Delhi.
10. Roy defended the peasants for their rights.
( Set-3 ) 10 Lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy in English
1 The Indian reformer and scholar Raja Ram Mohan Roy was born on 22 May 1972 in Radhanagar, Bengal Presidency.
2 The socio-religious reformist movement Brahmo Samaj Foundation was led by Raja Ram Mohan Roy in 1828.
3 The Mughal emperor Akbar II gave the title of Raja to Ram Mohan Roy.
4 During the Bengal Renaissance in the 19th Century he played a pivotal role which has influenced many.
5 He always supported social, religious, and political reforms throughout his life.
6 He was always fighting against and abolished the sati pratha and advocated for women’s rights.
7 In history he is known as the “Father of Indian Renaissance”.
8 Due to chronic respiratory ailment, he died on 27 September 1833 in a village to the north-east of Bristol.
9 He strongly advocated for child marriage abolition by promoting the education of girls for a better future.
10 In 1984, a documentary movie was filmed on the life of Raja Ram Mohan Roy by the Films Division of India.
( Set-4 ) 10 Lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy
1 The renowned and prominent Indian social reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy, was born in 1772.
2 He is referred to as the “Father of Indian Renaissance” for his impact on society for his social reforms.
3 From his childhood, he got his education in Sanskrit and Persian language which made him learn religious facts deeply.
4 He opposed harmful practices like Sati and child marriage.
5 Raja Ram Mohan Roy promoted women’s rights and women’s education.
6 The religious reform movement “Brahmo Samaj” was founded by Raja Rama Mohan Roy to emphasize monotheism.
7 The Government of India issued a postage stamp 0n 27 September 1964 in honor to commemorate his contributions.
8 To support Western education in Indian education he founded Vedanta College.
9 He bridged the gap between traditional and modern thought with translations of Hindu religious texts.
10 He has inspired generations with his ideology of standing against social injustice and the right to education for women.
FAQ on Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Q. Who is the father of modern India?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy is known as the Father of modern India.
Q. Who ended the Sati system?
Ans. Lord William Bentinck the Governor-General of India in 1828, helped Raja Ram Mohan Roy to end this social evil.
Q. Who founded the Brahmo Samaj?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy in 1828.
Q. Why is Ram Mohan Roy called Raja?
Ans. The king of Delhi Akbar II gave him the title of Raja in 1829.
# 5 Lines on Raja Ram Mohan Roy in English # Some | Sentence on Raja Ram Mohan Roy