In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar. Short essay on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
10 lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
1. Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidhyasagar was born in a village, Birsingha, in the district of Midnapore ( Medinipur ) on 26 September 1820.
2. Thakurdas Bandyopadhyay was his father and his mother was Bhagabati Devi.
3. They were very poor, but Iswar Chandra was very intelligent, he studies under the street light.
4. He came to Calcutta at the age of 9 with his father and read in the Sanskrit College, Later he became Principal of that College.
5. He was not only a learned man. He had a heart that bled to see others suffer.
6. He opened many schools to spread education, He wrote many textbooks.
7. He worked hard for female education and widow marriage.
8. We remember him as a great teacher and social reformer who fought all his life for the good of society.
9. It is said that Vidyasagar was the founder of modern society.
10. He is a selfless, kindhearted great man and he wanted to see India free from the curses of ignorance.
Some points on Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidhyasagar
Full name – Ishwar Chandra Bandyopadhyay ( well-known educator and social reformer of India)
Born – 26 September 1820
Died- 29 July 1891
Wife Name- Dinamayee Devi
Also, Know as the “Father of Bengali prose”
Notable work- Widow Remarriage
Sanskrit College gave the Title Vidyasagar means- Ocean of Knowledge
# 5 Lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English # Some | Sentence on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
10 Lines on Rabindranath Tagore