In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar. Short essay on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
10 lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
Some points on Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidhyasagar
Full name – Ishwar Chandra Bandyopadhyay ( well-known educator and social reformer of India)
Born – 26 September 1820
Died- 29 July 1891
Wife Name- Dinamayee Devi
Also, Known as the “Father of Bengali prose”
Notable work- Widow Remarriage
Sanskrit College gave the Title Vidyasagar means- Ocean of Knowledge
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
1. Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was born in a village, Birsingha, in the district of Midnapore ( Medinipur ) on 26 September 1820.
2. Thakurdas Bandyopadhyay was his father and his mother was Bhagabati Devi.
3. They were very poor, but Iswar Chandra was very intelligent, he studies under the street light.
4. He came to Calcutta at the age of 9 with his father and read in the Sanskrit College, Later he became Principal of that College.
5. He was not only a learned man. He had a heart that bled to see others suffer.
6. He opened many schools to spread education, He wrote many textbooks.
7. He worked hard for female education and widow marriage.
8. We remember him as a great teacher and social reformer who fought all his life for the good of society.
9. It is said that Vidyasagar was the founder of modern society.
10. He is a selfless, kindhearted great man and he wanted to see India free from the curses of ignorance.
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English
1. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was born in a poor Bengali family on 28 September 1820.
2. His mother was Bhagwati Devi and his father was Thakurdas Bandyopadhyay.
3. They were simple and kind-hearted people.
4. Ishwar Chandra was sent to school at the age of 5.
5. He was a brilliant student, praised by all. He had an amazing memory.
6. After graduation, he was appointed as a lecturer at Fort William College in Kolkata.
7. Ishwar Chandra always detested British rule.
8. He was a benevolent and self-reliant person.
9. He worked for the education of the backward classes and protested against evils like child marriage, the caste system, atrocities on women and the poor, and many others.
10. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar is known as a great social reformer of his time.
# 5 Lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English # Some | Sentence on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar