In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Rabindranath Tagore in English. Rabindranath Tagore was one of the greatest poets Indian history. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Rabindranath Tagore. Lines on Rabindranath Tagore for classes 2nd 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th 11th, 12th and competitive exams.
10 Lines on Rabindranath Tagore For Students & Children in English
Ten 10 Lines on Rabindranath Tagore For Students
1. Rabindranath Tagore was one of the greatest poets as well as writers of Indian history.
2. Tagore was born on 7th May 1861 in Calcutta of British India. His nickname was Rabi.
3. He was born in a Brahman family. His father’s name was Debendranath Tagore and his mother’s name was Sarada Devi.
4. His primary study was completed at home and higher studies were done in England.
5. Tagore wrote the national anthem of Bangladesh which is Amar Sonar Bangla.
6. Tagore is the writer of the national anthem of India which is Jana Gana Mana.
7. Tagore was the first person of Asia who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1913 for his poetry collection named Gitanzli.
8. Tagore was also known as the Gurudev and was a great philosopher.
9. Tagore was an active politician who was in support of Indian nationalists.
10. Tagore died on 7th August 1941 in Kolkata.
Essay on Rabindranath Tagore for students
10 Points on Rabindranath Tagore in English
1. Rabindranath Tagore was a poet, story writer, painter, and freedom fighter.
2. He was born on 7 May 1861 at Jorasanko, Calcutta.
3. The famous Henry Morley was one of his teachers at the university in London.
4. At the age of fifteen, his first poem `Banaphool’ was published.
5. In 1910, Tagore wrote his book Gitanjali.
6. On 13 November 1913, he was awarded Nobel Prize in Literature.
7. His paintings won him a place among India’s famous contemporary artists.
8. He had written and spoken about the problems of the prevailing educational system of that time.
9. In December 1901, Tagore established Santiniketan in West Bengal.
10. In 1921, Santiniketan became Visva-Bharati University.
11. Tagore wanted to evolve culture, a combination of eastern and western values.
12. In 1899, he worked with Sister Nivedita in organizing relief for plague victims in Calcutta.
13. Tagore composed the National Anthem ‘Jana Gana Maria’.
14. He passed away in 1941.
Some | 10 Lines on Rabindranath Tagore in English for Kids
1. Rabindranath Tagore was a famous Indian poet, philosopher, and artist known as Gurudev.
2. He was born in a household of 14 children on 7th May 1861 in Kolkata.
3. His father’s name was Debendranath Tagore, and his mother was Sharda Devi.
4. He got his early education from his hometown and higher education from England.
5. He began writing poems at a very young age and wrote many famous poems like Manasi, Sonar Tori, and Balaka.
6. He has written the national anthem of India Jana Gana Mana and Sri Lanka Matha for Sri Lanka.
7. In 1913, Rabindranath Tagore won the Nobel Prize in Literature for one of the best poems Gitanjali.
8. He was also a true patriot, and his writings were the weapon to raise the voice against the British.
9. Tagore started the world-famous Visva Bharati University to improve the traditional education system.
10. Tagore died on 8th August 1941 in Kolkata at the age of 80 years.
# 5 Lines on Rabindranath Tagore in English # Some lines on Rabindranath Tagore
# 10 Lines short Essay on Rabindranath Tagore