In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Sunflower in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Sunflower. Few Lines on Sunflower for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, and competitive exams. Check out our articles on 10 Lines on Rose flower & 10 Lines on Lotus Flower
10 Lines on Sunflower For Students & Children in English
Ten | 10 Lines on Sunflower In English For Students
1. Sunflower is a yellow-coloured annual flower that is native to North America.
2. The growth of Sunflower needs sunlight for 6-8 hours per day.
3. Sunflower always faces in the direction of the sun.
4. Sunflower has yellow coloured petals and green sepals.
5. The stem of the sunflower is thick and is of green colour.
6. Sunflowers are grown to extract cooking oil from these and the seeds of sunflowers are also edible.
7. Sunflower is also used in cosmetic products such as lip balm and creams etc thus enhancing beauty.
8. Sunflowers are also found in red and purple colours and their height can vary.
9. Sunflower blossom direction moves from east to west in accordance with the sun.
10. Sunflower oil is also known for its anti-inflammatory effect and also helps to reduce cholesterol.
Some | Few Lines on Sunflower in English for Kids
1. The flower of this plant is very beautiful and attractive and its scientific name is Helianthus annuus.
2. It is a very famous flower in work and it comes in many colours like white, brown, yellow etc.
3. There are about 70 species of this flower which are different in colour and shape.
4. Generally, its flower is yellow in colour and its length is up to 12 feet.
5. Sunflower plant is used in Ayurveda and Its flowers, leaves, and stems are used in making medicines.
6. Sunflower is the national flower of Ukraine and Russia.
7. Its name is sunflower because it keeps tilting towards the sun.
8. This flower is grown in many countries like Russia, America, Britain, Egypt, Denmark, and India.
9. Linoleic acid, oleic acid and palmitic acid are found in sunflower oil and oil also contains high amounts of vitamins E, A and D.
10. sunflowers are glimpsed as symbols of good luck and are linked with truth, loyalty, and honesty.
FAQ on Sunflower
Q.Why sunflower is called a flower?
Ans. Sunflower is called a flower because it has all the features of a flower. It has colourful petals, a central part where seeds develop, and it attracts bees, Just like other flowers.
Q. What are the uses of sunflowers?
Ans. Sunflowers have many uses:
1. As a food sunflower seeds can be eaten as a healthy snack.
2. Sunflower-produced oil used in cooking.
3. It is also used for decoration purposes.
4. Some parts of sunflowers are used for medical purposes.
Q. What is the original name of the sunflower?
Ans. The original name of the sunflower is “Helianthus.”
Q. What is a sunflower called in India?
Ans. A sunflower is called “Surajmukhi” in India.
# 5 Lines on Sunflower in English # Some | Sentence | Few lines on Sunflower
# 10 Lines short Essay on Sunflower