In this article, we are providing 10 Lines about Jagannath Temple in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Puri Jagannath Temple Essay 10 lines for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines about Jagannath Temple in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Jagannath Temple for students
1. The Hindu temple of Puri, Odisha, dedicated to the avatar of Vishnu known as Jagannath, is one of the holiest sites in the country.
2. The temple’s soaring spire, ornately carved walls, and colorful statues are all examples of ancient India’s architectural prowess.
3. Millions of worshippers visit the temple each year in search of spiritual guidance and to celebrate religious holidays.
4. The temple’s deities are paraded about in magnificent chariots during the festival of Rath Yatra.
5. Every day, hundreds of devotees are fed the holy food offerings known as “Mahaprasad,” which are prepared with the greatest devotion.
6. There are a number of additional shrines in the temple complex, including one dedicated to the goddess Subhadra and another to the god Balabhadra.
7. The Jagannath Temple is an ancient structure that dates back to the 12th century and has seen a lot of history.
8. Symbolizing devotion and enlightenment, the temple’s architecture and sculptures portray tales from mythology.
9. The peaceful environment and hypnotic tones of the temple bells provide for a perfect setting for prayer and reflection.
10. Visitors from all over the globe come to worship at the Jagannath Temple because of its historical and cultural importance.
10 Sentences on Jagannath Temple
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines about Jagannath Temple in English
1. The Jagannath Temple is located in the coastal city of Puri in the Indian state of Odisha.
2. It is the main temple of Hindus and one of the holy Char Dham.
3. This is the temple of Lord Jagannath i.e. Shri Krishna.
4. Rath Yatra is taken out here every year.
5. The work of building the Jagannath temple was started by Kalinga King Anantavarman Chodagung Dev.
6. Jagannath Temple is a wonderful temple built in Kalinga Vastu style, which is spread over 400,000 square feet.
7. The main temple has been built in a curvilinear shape, with Sudarshan Chakkar on its top.
8. The main structure of the temple is built on a 65-meter-high stone plinth, with the idols of Shri Krishna, Balabhadra, and Subhadra in the inner garbhagrh.
9. A 20 feet high wall surrounds the main building and another wall surrounds the main temple.
10. There is also a very big kitchen in the Jagannath temple where Prasad is prepared for offering to the Lord.
Few Lines on Puri Jagannath Temple
11. The flag on the top of the Jagannath temple is changed daily by one or the other priest by climbing a height of 215 feet.
12. The flag on the top of the temple flies in the other direction from the direction of the wind.
13. The dome of the temple is made in such a way that its shadow is not visible on the ground even once a whole day.
14. No bird or airplane has been seen flying over the temple to date.
Q. Where is Puri Jagannath Temple located?
Ans. located in the city of Puri, Odisha, India.