In this article, we are providing 10 lines on Kedarnath Temple in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Kedarnath Temple Essay.
10 Lines on Kedarnath Temple in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Kedarnath Temple for students
1. Kedarnath Temple is situated in the lap of the Himalayas in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand state of India.
2. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and is also one of the holiest of the Char Teerth Dhams.
3. Due to its hostile environment, it opens only from April to November.
4. Kedarnath Temple is situated at an altitude of 3581 meters above sea level.
5. The Shivling of this temple is called Swayambhu.
6. Among the 12 Jyotirlingas of India, Kedarnath Temple is famous as the fifth Jyotirlinga.
7. A visit to Badrinath Temple is not considered complete without visiting Kedarnath Temple.
8. The priests of Kedarnath temple are Jangam Brahmins of Mysore only.
9. There is a triangle-shaped Shivling in the Kedarnath temple.
10. The last 14 km journey in Kedarnath has to be done by trekking.
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Kedarnath Temple for students
1. Nothing is known for sure about the age of the temple but it has been an important pilgrimage center for 1000 years.
2. It is said that it was built by Janmejaya of the Pandava dynasty and Adi Shankaracharya got this temple renovated.
3. The present temple has been built recently as the temple was destroyed in 2013 by floods and landslides. Only its main part and the dome were left.
4. Kedarnath Temple is built on a 6 feet high square platform.
5. This is a beautiful temple built in Katyuri style by joining Katwa stones. The color of the stones is brown.
6. Its main part is the circumambulation path towards the mandap and the stars of the garbhagrh.
7. Kedarnath is surrounded by mountains from three sides and there is also a confluence of five rivers of which one is Mandakini.
8. Nandi is seated outside the mandap of the temple.
9. Every morning Shiva Pind is bathed and smeared with ghee and after that aarti is performed.
10. It is decorated in the evening and at that time onlookers can see her only from a distance.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who built Kedarnath Temple Temple?
Ans. Built by the Pandavas ( The temple was built in the 8th century by Jagad Guru Adi Shankaracharya )