In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Gateway of India in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Gateway of India Essay 10 lines for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students, and 20 lines on Gateway of India.
10 Lines on Gateway of India in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Gateway of India for students
1. Gateway of India is a historical monument
2. It is located on the Arabian Sea port in Mumbai, India.
3. It is the gateway to India for people coming by sea.
4. There is also a provision for the boat for sea excursions near it.
5. The Gateway of India was built on 31 March 1913 for the arrival of King George V and Queen Mary.
6. It was completed in 1924.
7. The entrance gate of the Gateway of India has been made of yellow rock.
8. Its architect was George Vintat.
9. Its height is 26 meters and it has four minar and stone mosaic on the walls.
10. The cost of making this dome was 21 lakhs.
10 Sentences on Gateway of India
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Gateway of India in English
1. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, the Gateway of India in Mumbai is a stunning piece of architecture.
2. It was constructed under the British Raj to act as a stately gateway to the city and a symbol of the might and prestige of the British Empire.
3. This gateway’s exquisite Indo-Saracenic architecture amazes with its combination of Indian and Islamic design elements.
4. The grandiose domes, ornate carvings, and lofty arches give the building an air of royal elegance.
5. Many visitors come to this famous site to take in the breathtaking scenery and relaxing sea breezes.
6. The Gateway of India is an important historical landmark because it served as a transportation hub for British governors and was present throughout many pivotal moments in Indian history.
7. A vibrant scene is created by the masses of people, street sellers, and photographers clustered around the entrance.
8. The Gateway of India is most alluring at night when it is lit up against the starry sky.
9. You may take a boat journey from here to see the incredible Elephant Caves, or just sail about and relax.
10. Mumbai’s history, endurance, and architectural grandeur are all represented by the city’s most famous landmark: the Gateway of India.
5 lines on Gateway of India in English
1. Its architecture is miraculous, situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2. It is as high as eight stories.
3. It was opened in 1924 by the Viceroy.
4. It has four Burj which are made of intricate lattice.
5. The statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji and Swami Vivekananda were installed later on at the Gateway of India.
Q. Which city is called Gateway of India??
Q. When was The Gateway of India built?
Ans. The Gateway of India was built on 31 March 1913
Q. Name the architect of The Gateway of India?
Ans. George Vintat
Q. What is the Height of The Gateway of India?
Ans. 26 meters