In this article, we are providing 10 lines on Badrinath Temple in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Badrinath Temple Essay.
10 Lines on Badrinath Temple in English
10 Lines on Badrinath Temple for students
1. Badrinath Temple is located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state of India.
2. This is the oldest temple of Lord Vishnu which is situated on the banks of river Alaknanda.
3. It is situated in the middle of the mountains of the Garhwal region and is the holiest of the four pilgrimage centers.
4. There is no clarity about the age of the temple and its construction but it is mentioned in the Vedic Puranas (1150-500 BC).
5. It is said that the Badrinath temple was built by Adi Shankaracharya who brought the idol of Lord Vishnu from the Alaknanda river and brought it and installed it in a cave.
6. Badrinath Temple is at a height of 50 meters from the Alaknanda River.
7. Its main gate faces the river and it is arched.
8. This gate is also called Singh Dwar and it also has three golden urns on top and a bell hanging from the middle of the roof.
9. The facade of the Badrinath temple is made of stone and has arched windows.
10. The temple is divided into three parts – the Sabha Mandap, the garbhagrh, and the Darshan Mandap.
1. Badrinath is also one of the 108 Divya Desams of Lord Vishnu.
2. There is a hot pool under the Badrinath temple in which every person takes a bath before going to visit the temple. It is said that Tapt Kund has medicinal properties which cure all diseases.
3. Badrinath temple opens only for 6 months in a year. It remains open from late April to early November.
4. The chief priest of the Badrinath temple is called Rawal and he is a Brahmin belonging to the Nambudari sect of Kerala in the south.
5. In 2006, the state government declared the area around Badrinath as a no-construction zone.