In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Somnath Temple in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Somnath Temple Temple Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Somnath Temple in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Somnath Temple for students
1. Among the oldest and holiest of Hindu shrines is Gujarat’s Somnath Temple.
2. As a temple honoring Lord Shiva, the Hindu god of destruction, it is of great religious importance.
3. The temple has been around for a long time, having been mentioned in the Mahabharata and other ancient epics.
4. The Somnath Temple is a testament to perseverance and commitment, having survived countless invasions and been rebuilt time and time again.
5. It is considered to be the first of Lord Shiva’s twelve Jyotirlinga temples.
6. There is a fusion of Chalukya and later Solanki styles in the temple’s design.
7. The picturesque attractiveness of the location on the beaches of the Arabian Sea is enhanced by the presence of the Somnath Temple.
8. Visitors from all over the globe come to the temple in search of spiritual peace and benefits.
9. The Somnath Trust oversees the daily operations of the temple and its surrounding complex.
10. Somnath Temple is an important religious and cultural monument because of its beauty and sanctity.
10 Sentences on Somnath Temple
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Somnath Temple in English
1. The Somnath Temple is located in the Veraval port of the Saurashtra region of the state of Gujarat, India.
2. This is the name of a very ancient Sun Temple.
3. It is known as the first Jyotirlinga among the 12 Jyotirlingas of India.
4. It was built by Chandra Dev.
5. This temple was destroyed many times in history and was rebuilt many times.
6. In 1962, this temple was completely built.
7. This temple is located before 1 BC
8. Shivling is installed on the Brahmashila obtained from excavation.
9. There is a pillar on the seashore in the south of the temple, which is called Banastambha.
10. An arrow has been placed on it to show that there is no part of the earth between the Somnath Temple and the South Pole.
11. There is a confluence of three rivers Hiran, Kapila, and Saraswati here and people come to bathe in this Triveni.
12. The Somnath temple was earlier also known as Prabhasekshetra and it was here that Lord Krishna left his body.
13. The Deodwar kept in Agra is of Somnath temple only, which was looted by Muhammad Ghaznabi.
14. There is a light show in the temple every night from 7:30-8:30 pm, in which the history of Hindus is shown.
15. Dwarka city is 200 km away from Somnath temple where thousands of people go to visit Dwarkadish.
Q. Which state is Somnath located in?
Q. Which district is Somnath Mandir in?
Ans. Gir Somnath
Q. Other names of Somnath Temple?
Ans. Deo Patan or Somanatha