In this article, we are providing 10 Lines about Konark Sun Temple in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Konark Sun Temple Essay.
10 Lines about Konark Sun Temple in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Konark Sun Temple
1. Konark Temple is the temple of Sukya Dev.
2. It is located in the Puri district of Odisha state of India.
3. It is located on the banks of Chandrabhanga River, 21 miles away from the Jagannath temple.
4. This temple is very huge and beautiful.
5. The structure has been designed thinking of the chariot of the Sun which has 12 pairs of wheels.
6. The Konark Sun Temple was built in 1238-1264 by King Narasimha Deva of the Ganga dynasty as a symbol of his victory.
7. It is said that 12 years of Odisha’s earnings were spent on its construction.
8. This temple is a place of pilgrimage which is described in Brahmapuran etc.
9. This temple has been constructed in the shape of a chariot.
10. It has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1984.
10 Sentences on Konark Sun Temple
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Konark Sun Temple
1. Konark Sun Temple is also known as Sun Temple.
2. The temple has three big gates and the face of the temple is in the east direction of the rising sun.
3. This temple has been built in such a way that as soon as the sun rises, the place where the idol is placed starts shining.
4. Due to the black pagoda of the temple, it is also known as the temple with black pagodas.
5. The magnet was used in this temple in such a way that the sea ships used to get pulled along the coast.
6. Later, the British took this magnet out of the temple.
7. It is made of red sandstone and black granite.
8. On the walls of the temple, there are idols with erotic postures.
9. Due to damage caused by Muslim invaders, the main idol was taken to Puri.
10. The temple was built on the seashore, but due to the reduction of the sea, it has become far away from the sea.