In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Sanchi Stupa in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Sanchi Stupa Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Sanchi Stupa in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Sanchi Stupa
1. The Sanchi Stupa in Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh, India, is a historic Buddhist structure.
2. It’s a sacred and historic place, recognized as such by UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
3. In the third century BCE, Emperor Ashoka ordered the construction of the stupa, which was subsequently enlarged during the Sunga era.
4. This stupa is both ancient and well-preserved, making it a national treasure.
5. The brick and white plaster of Sanchi Stupa forms a hemispherical structure.
6. It has a height of 16.4 meters and a diameter of around 36 meters.
7. Numerous incidents from Buddha’s life are depicted in the stupa’s magnificent carvings and sculptures.
8. The most eye-catching aspects of Sanchi Stupa are the four entrances, or toranas.
9. Depictions of gods, legendary beasts, and pivotal moments in Buddha’s life adorn the beautifully carved walls of these portals.
10. It represents the expansion of Buddhism, enlightenment, and world peace.
10 Sentences on Sanchi Stupa
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Sanchi Stupa in English ( with extra lines )
1. Sanchi Stupa is located in Sanchi city of Raisen district of Madhya Pradesh state of India.
2. It is 46 km from Bhopal and 10 km from Vidisha.
3. There are many Buddhist monuments here.
4. It has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1989.
5. The Buddhist monument of Sanchi Stupa was built in the 3rd century BC.
6. The main stupa here was built by Emperor Ashoka in the 3rd century BC.
7. Sanchi Stupa is built in the Buddhist architectural style.
8. Its height is 54 feet and its diameter is 120 feet.
9. There are many stupas here, out of which stupa number 2 is the largest stupa which is surrounded by a pylon.
10. Stupa No. 1 has many small stupas and near them is a Gupta carpet stone pillar which is considered a symbol of courage and faith.
11. In its center was a semicircular structure built in which the relics of the Buddha were placed.
12. On its summit was a (chhatr) canopy given for the honour.
13. There are also many temples here, out of which temple number 17 is the oldest Buddhist temple that belongs to the Gupta period.
14. It has four pillars and a door in the square garbhagrh with a flat roof.
Q. When and who built Sanchi Stupa?
Ans- Emperor Ashoka built Sanchi Stupa in the 3rd century BC.
Q. Where is Sanchi Stupa located?
Ans. Sanchi Stupa is located in Sanchi small town in Madhya Pradesh, India.
Q. When was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?