In this article, we are providing 10 Lines about Odisha in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Odisha Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines about Odisha in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Odisha in English for students
1. Odisha is a magnificent state located in the Eastern part of India.
2. The state is home to the world-famous Jagannath Temple in Puri, where millions of worshippers attend the annual Rath Yatra.
3. Odisha’s coastline is home to beautiful beaches like Puri and Chandipur that are perfect for anyone seeking a peaceful getaway.
4. The state is also home to several beautiful woods, including the internationally renowned Simlipal National Park.
5. Traditional dances like Odissi and folk dances like Ghumura and Sambalpuri showcase Odisha’s illustrious history and culture.
6. Pattachitra paintings and silver filigree work are only two examples of the state’s famed handicrafts.
7. Odisha is particularly well-known for its delicious cuisine, which features such must-try delicacies as the famed Pahala Rasgulla and Chhena Poda.
8. Odisha’s cultural richness comes in part from the state’s indigenous populations, such as the Dongria Kondhs and Kutia Kondhs.
9. Bhubaneswar, the capital of Orissa is also known as the “Temple City of India.”
10. If you’re looking for a place to visit that will provide you with a really unforgettable and enlightening adventure, go no further than Odisha.
10 Sentences on Odisha
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines about Odisha in English for students ( with extra lines )
1. Odisha is a state located in the east of India which was established on April 1, 1936.
2. In ancient times it was known as Kalinga but today we know it as Odisha.
3. The capital of Odisha is Bhubaneswar.
4. The total area of Odisha is 155,707 km^2, on the basis of which it has 9th place in the whole of India.
5. The total population of Odisha is 4.6 crores, on the basis of which it has 11th place in the whole of India.
6. Odisha has many tourist places like Cuttack Silver Temple, Rajdhani Temple, Jagannath Temple, and World Heritage Site Konark Sun Temple.
7. Odisha has 147 Assembly seats, 20 Lok Sabha seats, and 10 Rajya Sabha seats.
8. Odia is the official language of Odisha.
9. Many great personalities are from Odisha like Madansudhan Rao and writer Pratigya Rai.
10. Odisha was known as Kalinga in ancient times.
11. India’s largest and most famous Chilika Lake is in Odisha.
12. Mahanadi, Brahmani, and Baitarani are the major rivers of Odisha.
13. The state animal of Odisha is Sambhar deer and the state bird is Neelkanth.
14. The state river of Odisha is Mahanadi and the state sweet is Rasgulla.
15. The state God of Odisha is Jagannath and the state dance is Odissi.
FAQ about Odisha
Q. The capital of Odisha?
Ans. Bhubaneswar is the capital of Odisha State.
Q. Odisha state is formerly known as?
Ans. At first, Odisha is known as Kalinga.
Q. Name the official Language of Odisha?
Ans. The official language of Odisha is Odia.