In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Assam in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, information, and 10 points about Assam Essay in English for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Assam in English | Essay on Assam
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Assam in English for students
1. Assam is a state located in the North East of India.
2. Assam was established on 26 January 1950.
3. The capital of Assam is Dispur.
4. The total area of Assam is 78,438 km2.
5. On the basis of the area it is the 17th largest state of India.
6. The total population of Assam is 3.7 crores.
7. On the basis of population it has 15th place in the whole of India.
8. Assamese is the official language of Assam.
9. In Assam Asom Divas is celebrated on 2nd December every year.
10. Statehood Day is celebrated every year on 22nd March in Assam.
10 Sentences about Assam | Assam Essay
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Assam in English
1. Assam was known as Pragjyotishpur in ancient times and its description is also found in Mahabharata.
2. Assam has 126 Assembly seats, 14 Lok Sabha seats, and 7 Rajya Sabha seats.
3. The official language of Assam is Assamese.
4. Many great personalities like actress Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, Priyadarshini Chatterjee, and film director Reema Das are from Assam.
5. The Brahmaputra river is called the lifeline of Assam which passes through the middle of Assam.
6. Many tourist places like Kaziranga National Park, Manas Sanctuary, Garo Hills, Sivasagar, and Guwahati are in Assam.
7. The world’s largest river island is Majuli Island, which is formed by the Brahmaputra River in Assam.
8. The state animal of Assam is the rhinoceros and the state bird is the white-winged wood duck.
9. The state tree of Assam is the hull tree and the state flower is the kopou flower.
10. Bihu is the state festival of Assam and the folk dance here is Bihu Naach.
FAQ about Assam-
Q. The capital of Assam?
Ans. Dispur is the capital of Assam State.
Q. Assam state is formerly known as?
Ans. At first, Assam is known as ‘Pragjyotisha’ and ‘Kamrupa’.
Q. Name the official Language of Assam?
Ans. The official language of Assam is Assamese.