In this article, we are providing 10 lines on Rameshwaram Temple in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Rameshwaram Temple Essay.
10 Lines on Rameshwaram Temple in English
10 Lines on Rameshwaram Temple for students
1. Rameshwaram pilgrimage is located in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu
2. It is one of the main pilgrimage centers of Hindus and the Shivling established in it is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva.
3. King Parakram Bahu of Sri Lanka built the original garbhagrh in 1173, in which only the Shivling was installed.
4. Due to this it was called Ni Sangeshwar’s temple.
5. Later in 1450, the construction work of the temple was done by King Udaiyan Sethupathi and the nearby Nagur Vaishya.
6. Rameshwaram pilgrimage is a wonderful example of Indian construction art.
7. It is surrounded by the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal from all sides.
8. The entrance of the temple is 40 meters high.
9. There are hundreds of pillars inside the temple, which look alike but all of them have different types of vines made on them.
10. Before the war with Ravana, Rama had installed a Shivling and worshiped it and today Rameswaram is at the same place.
11. There are 24 sweet water wells in Rameshwaram, It is said that Shri Ram did this with an arrow to quench the thirst of the Vanar Sena.
12. Rameshwaram is also mentioned in Shivpuran, Ram and Vibhishan met near Rameshwaram.