In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Lakshadweep in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Lakshadweep Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Lakshadweep in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines about Lakshadweep
1 Lakshadweep is an archipelago of 36 islands located between the West of the Arabian Sea and east of the Laccadive Sea.
2 Lakshadweep is the smallest Union Territory of eight others.
3 In Malayalam, Lakshadweep means “one lakh islands”.
4 The capital of Union Territory Lakshadweep is Kavaratti which is known for its white sand beaches.
5 The laws enforced in Lakshadweep come under the jurisdiction of the Kerala High Court.
6 The local economy of the islands is based on coconut and coconut-based products.
7 Islands are accessible by air and sea with regular flights.
8 The cultural heritage of islands is reflected by the traditional dance forms like lava dance.
9 The ecological balance of union territory is maintained because of the absence of many industries.
10 Lakshadweep is the hidden gem of the Indian Ocean which is known for its natural beauty and richness in culture.
( Set-2 ) 15 | 10 Lines on Lakshadweep in English
1. Lakshadweep is a Union Territory located on the west coast of India in the Arabian Sea, which was established on November 1, 1956.
2. Before 1973 Lakshadweep was known as Lakshadweep.
3. The capital of Lakshadweep is Kavaratti.
4. The total area of Lakshadweep is 36.2 km^2, on the basis of which it has 36th place in the whole of India.
5. The total population of Lakshadweep is 64,429, on the basis of which it has 36th place in the whole of India.
6. There are many tourist places in Lakshadweep like Kavaratti Island, Agati Island, Maliku Island, and Bangaram.
7. Lakshadweep has 1 seat in the Lok Sabha.
8. English, Hindi, and Malayalam are the official languages of Lakshadweep.
9. Lakshadweep means a group of one thousand islands.
10. All the islands of Lakshadweep are counted in a single district.
11. The High Court of Kolkata is the only court of Lakshadweep.
12. The state animal of Lakshadweep is the butterfly fish and the state bird is the innocent tern bird.
13. Breadfruit is the state tree of Lakshadweep.
14. There is also a Pitti bird sanctuary in Lakshadweep.
15. Lakshadweep is mainly famous for coir and there are many coir fiber industries here.