In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Chandigarh in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Chandigarh Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Chandigarh in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Chandigarh for students
1 Chandigarh is a well-planned city that was formed on November 1, 1966 (the Foundation stone was laid on 7 October 1953 ).
2 Chandigarh serves as the capital of 2 states, Punjab and Haryana.
3 Post-Indepenced, Le Corbusier designed the architecture of Chandigarh post-independence.
4 Chandigarh is called “The City Beautiful” for its green environment.
5 City Chandigarh is divided into sectors with a proper layout to navigate.
6 Capitol Complex is a UNESCO World Heritage site designed by Le Corbusier.
7 Rock Garden in Chandigarh was created by Nek Chand from recycled materials.
8 Sukhna Lake is man made reservoir created on foothills of the Himalayas.
9 The well-planned city of Chandigarh is known for its rules and regulations, wide roads, and greenery.
10 The green city Chandigarh is one of the 8 Union Territories of India.
Read Also- 10 Lines on Punjab in English
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Chandigarh Essay for Students
1. Chandigarh is a union territory located in the north of India, which was established on November 1, 1966.
2. Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana.
3. The total area of Chandigarh is 114 km^2, on the basis of which it is at 36th place in the whole of India.
4. The total population of Chandigarh is 10.6 lakhs, on the basis of which it has 30th place in the whole of India.
5. There are many tourist places in Chandigarh like Rock Garden, Rose Garden, Shanti Kunj, Capitol Complex, and Sukhna Lake.
6. English is the official language of Chandigarh.
7. Chandigarh has only 1 Lok Sabha seat.
8. Chandigarh has many great personalities like Yami Gautam, Kapil Dev, Yuvraj Singh, and Ayushmann Khurrana.
9. Chandigarh is also known as “The City Beautiful”.
10. There is no statue in any of the roundabouts or parks in Chandigarh which is as per the requirement of the architect Le Corbusier.
11. The symbol of Chandigarh is an open hand which gives the message of peace and reconciliation.
12. Chandigarh derives its name from the Chandi Temple, which is still a tourist attraction.
13. Chandigarh’s Sukhna Lake was built in 1958, which is a man-made lake.
14. Chandigarh has also been given the title of pensioners’ paradise.
15. Chandigarh ranks first among all the states and union territories in the Human Development Index.
16. The state animal of Chandigarh is the Indian gray mongoose and the state bird is the Indian gray hornbill.
17. The state tree of Chandigarh is the mango tree and the state flower is the grapefruit.