In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Jama Masjid in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Jama Masjid in English 10 lines for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Jama Masjid in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Jama Masjid in English
1. Jama Masjid / Masjid-e-Jahan-Numa is the largest mosque in India which is located in Old Delhi.
2. This mosque is also known as Masjid-e-Jahannuma.
3. The construction work of Jama Masjid was started by Mughal ruler Shah Jahan in 1650.
4. It took 6 years to build and it was completed in 1656.
5. The mosque was inaugurated on July 23, 1656, by Mullah Imam Bukhari of Bukhara, Uzbekistan.
6. It is a building made of red sandstone and marble.
7. The dimension of this courtyard is 76×66 feet where 25000 people can offer namaz simultaneously.
8. There are two main gates to enter the Jama Masjid – one in the north and the other in the south.
9. Jama Masjid is also called Jama which means Friday.
10. Jama Masjid is the last building built by Shah Jahan.
10 sentences on Jama Masjid
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Jama Masjid for students
1. Delhi is home to Jama Masjid, one of India’s biggest and most ornate mosques.
2. This Mughal masterpiece was built in the 17th century and exemplifies the best of Mughal architecture and style.
3. The peaceful and spiritual ambiance of the mosque’s expansive courtyard is enough to support thousands of attendees.
4. The impressive red sandstone building is beautiful to look at, with its marble inlays and fine writing.
5. The main prayer hall is breathtaking, with its soaring arches and slender minarets.
6. From the top of Jama Masjid, you can see all of the sights and busy streets of Old Delhi below you.
7. Because of its spiritual importance and peaceful atmosphere, the mosque is held in high regard by Muslims all around the globe.
8. The elaborate design of the mosque’s domes, minarets, and entry gates may all be seen by guests.
9. The fact that Jama Masjid has served as a hub for cultural and religious events for centuries demonstrates its historical significance.
10. Jama Masjid is a must-see for anybody interested in Islamic architecture or Delhi’s history.