In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Holi Festival in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Holi. Lines on Holi for classes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
10 Lines on Holi Festival For Students & Children in English
Ten | 10 lines on Holi Festival in English for Students
1. Holi is also known as the festival of colours as people play with colours on this occasion.
2. Every year Holi is celebrated on Purnima of fagun month.
3. Holi is celebrated in the month of March and welcome spring after winter.
4. In rural areas Holi is also known as Basant Utsav and celebrated as a victory of good over evil.
5. Holi is one of the most important festivals of Hindus as well as of non-Hindu communities.
6. Holi is a two-day festival, the first day is known as Holi and the second day is Dulhandi.
7. On the first day of Holi, a ritual is performed called Holika Dahan commemorating the incidence of death of demon Holika who wished to kill Prahlad( who was a devotee of Lord Vishnu).
8. As Prahlad was saved so people celebrate the next day with colours, joy, zeal and enthusiasm.
9. On this day, everyone forgets their enmities and it is a belief that the enemy becomes a friend on this day.
10. In different cities, Holi is celebrated in different styles. In Vrindavan people play with flowers while in barsana lathmaar Holi is popular.
Some | Few Lines on Holi Festival for Kids
1. Holi is the festival of colours because on this occasion every person plays with colours.
2. Holi is the festival of joy during this day people go to their relatives ‘homes, and people throw colours on each other.
3. Holi is celebrated every year and this festival falls in March or Fagun.
4. Holi is celebrated for 3 days;1st day is holy Purnima, 2nd-day Choti Holi and the third day is Holi celebration.
5. One day before the Holi celebration ‘Holika Dahan’ is conducted by people.
6. During Holi celebration children enjoy the occasion using ‘pichkari’ or water balloons and throw watercolours on each other.
7. According to traditional scripture,holi was started by Radha and Krishna in Mathura.
8. In Mathura, there is a different type of Holi celebration known as ‘lath mar’ holi.
9. On the day of Holi, People eat delicious food like gujiyas, chips and Khajuri and also share with their relatives.
10. This festival gives us the message of unity, love and peace and harmony among people.
# 5 Lines on Holi Festival in English # Some Sentence | 10 lines on Holi Festival for class 1 & 2
# 10 Lines short Essay on Holi Festival