In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Onam in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about the Onam festival. Lines on Onam for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and competitive exams.
10 Lines on Onam For Students & Children in English
Ten | 10 Lines on Onam in English For Students
1. Onam is the state festival of Kerala and it is a harvest festival.
2. Onam is celebrated at the end of August or at the starting of September month.
3. Onam is a 10-day long festival that celebrates the homecoming of King Mahaballi.
4. It is believed that during the celebration of Onam, the spirit of king Mahaballi visits Kerala.
5. There is a 10 day holiday in Kerala during Onam.
6. Boat race, rangoli are some of the events of this festival.
7. On the 10th day of Onam, people arrange a feast for their relatives and it is known as Onam Sadhya.
8. Traditional dances such as Kathakali, kumatti kali are performer during the Onam carnival.
9. Payasam, a traditional dish is prepared and served as Prasad.
10. People wear traditional dresses and celebrate this festival with full zeal and enthusiasm.
Some Lines on Onam in English for Kids
1. Onam is one of the most famous and cultural festivals celebrated every year in Kerala.
2. It starts from the first day of the Malayalam new year and continues for ten days with lots of rituals and traditional activities.
3. It is celebrated by the people of Kerala to welcome the homecoming of King Mahabali, the grandson of Prahlad.
4. ‘Thiruvonam’ means sacred Onam day, celebrated on the second day of Onam.
5. Onam is a symbol of Malayalam culture and tradition and is also celebrated as tourism week.
6. People at this festival make a carpet of flowers called ‘Pookalam’.
7. Kerala celebrates Onam as their New Year and people enjoy this festival by dance and singing.
8. Every day, a flower is added to the ‘Pookalam’ during the Onam week.
9. On this day people buy gifts and clothes for friends and families and also make special meals to enjoy and eat together.
10. Markets get busy during these ten days and people buy fresh fruits and vegetables for meals and also cleans their house as they do on Deepawali.
# 5 Lines on Onam in English # Some lines on Onam
# 10 Lines short Essay on Onam