In this article, we are providing 10 lines on Gwalior Fort Essay in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts about Gwalior Fort. Short and simple essay on Gwalior Fort for students.
10 Lines on Gwalior Fort in English
10 Lines on Gwalior Fort for students
1. Gwalior Fort is very famous and it is located in Gwalior city of Madhya Pradesh state of India.
2. It is built on a mountain named Gopanchal and is divided into two parts with a safe structure.
3. Many kings have ruled this fort in history. Suraj Sen Pal was the first king of this fort.
4. The fort was built by Suraj Sen Pal in the 8th century.
5. In the 10th century, the control of the fort was with Kachhapaght, the dewan of the Chandela dynasty.
6. In the 11th century, the Mughal rulers started attacking the fort.
7. Muhammad Ghaznavi also captured the fort for 4 days and later on, in exchange for 35 elephants, he vacated the fort.
8. After the death of Aurangzeb, this fort was ruled by Rana Chhatar Singh of Gohad, who was defeated by the Maratha king Mahad Singh Shinde and took control of the fort.
9. The fort was taken over by the British in 1858 and later when they captured the whole of India in 1886, the fort was given to the Scindia family.
10. The Scindia family ruled the fort till 1947 when India became independent.
Few Lines on Gwalior Fort ( Fact, History & Information )
1. The fort of Gwalior is also known as the pearl of the forts of India.
2. There is also an enamel tree in the premises of the Gwalior fort which was planted by the great musician Tansen.
3. The last custodian of the Kohinoor diamond was the king of Gwalior.
4. The Gwalior fort is made of red sandstone and red lime, at a height of 100 meters from the plain area, and is spread over an area of 3 kilometers.
5. Its outer wall is 2 miles long and the width ranges from 1 kilometer to 200 meters.
6. There is also a Gujari Mahal here which was built for Queen Mrignayani.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Gwalior Fort Other Name?
Ans– Pearl of the forts of India
Q. Who built Gwalior Fort?
Ans- Built by Suraj Sen Pal in the 8th century
# Facts about Gwalior Fort # History of Gwalior Fort