In this article, we are providing 10 lines on Khajuraho Temple Essay in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts about Khajuraho Temple. Short and simple essay on Khajuraho Temple for students.
10 Lines About Khajuraho Temple in English
10 Lines on Khajuraho Temple
1. Khajuraho is a small town in Chhattarpur district in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, which was earlier also known as Khajurpura and Khajur Vahika.
2. There is a large group of temples in Khajuraho that are associated with Hinduism and Jainism, which is very famous.
3. The Khajuraho temples were built by the Chandela kings from 900 to 1130.
4. This place was known as Bundelkhand in the fourteenth century.
5. The art of the Khajuraho temple is very attractive.
6. Here the arts have also been shown very beautifully.
7. Today there are 30 temples here, out of which 8 are Jain temples which are 62 feet long and 31 feet wide and have Jain idols built in three rows on their outer walls.
8. Buddha’s statue has been found in Khajuraho, which shows that Buddhism was also practiced to some extent here.
9. To its south are Chaturbhuj and Dulhadev temples. To the west are the Lakshmana, Mahadev, Parvati, and Ganesh temples.
10. The entrance of the temple is decorated with small idols of Surya and the outer walls have idols of gods and goddesses, idols of women, and Kamasutra.
11. Khajuraho’s temples are famous for artworks and grand ceilings. There are religious idols as well as families, apsaras, and beauties.
12. All the rooms inside the temple are connected to each other and made in such a way that the light from the window of the room spreads to the entire temple.
13. Looking from the side, the temples of Khajuraho appear as if they are made of sandalwood whereas they are made of sandstone.
14. The temples of Khajuraho have also been declared a World Heritage Site.
15. At present the temples of Khajuraho are under the supervision of the Archaeological Survey of India.
# 5 Lines on Khajuraho Temple in English # Some Sentence
# Facts about Khajuraho Temple # History of Khajuraho Temple
# 10 Lines short Essay on Khajuraho Temple