In this article, we are providing 10 lines on Mehrangarh Fort Essay in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, Information & History of Mehrangarh Fort. Short and simple essay on Mehrangarh Fort for students.
10 Lines on Mehrangarh Fort in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Mehrangarh Fort for children
1. Mehrangarh Fort is one of the largest forts in India.
2. It is located in the city of Jodhpur in the state of Rajasthan, India.
3. It is at a height of 410 feet above the city and has many gates and forts.
4. The construction work of the Mehrangarh Fort was done by Raja Rao Jodha, the fifteenth ruler of the Rathor dynasty of Jodhpur.
5. A year after becoming the ruler of Jodhpur, he felt that the Mandore fort was not safe for him, so he decided to build a fort at a distance of one kilometer from the Mandore fort on a hill called Bhor Chidiya where many birds lived.
6. On May 12, 1459, Raja Rao Jodha laid the foundation of this fort which was completed by Maharaj Jaswant Singh between 1638-1678.
7. Mehrangarh Fort is very famous for its artwork and carvings.
8. Sheesh Mahal, Phool Mahal, Moti Mahal, Jhanki Mahal, Daulat Khane etc. are notable in Mehrangarh Fort.
9. There is a temple of Chamunda Mata near Mehrangarh Fort where special worship is done during Navratras.
10. There is also a museum in the fort, in which many historical things have been kept.
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Mehrangarh Fort
1. Mehrangarh Fort means ‘Majestic Fort’.It is one of the well-known forts of Rajasthan and stands majestically on top of a hill.
2. Situated in the middle of Jodhpur, it can be seen from all the surrounding areas.
3. Rajasthan has gone down in the archives of India, as one of the most historically rich cities where Forts and Palaces speak silently of bygone days filled with the splendor of the Raj.
4. This fort, is yet another reminder of the era of Maharajas and their castles.
5. There are three major gates, each built to glorify victory and to uphold the Fort. Built-in 1806, the Fort has been rebuilt in parts and expanded several times.
6. Some of the other impressive constructions are the Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, Sileh Khana, and Daulat Khana, each weaving a tale of their own.
7. Each palace has its own style and significance, from the winding narrow staircases to the carved panes and richly decorated porches.
8. Even musical instruments used at that time to entertain, are preserved.
9. Such antiques as palanquins, furniture, cannons, jewellery, clothes, artillery, etc. are all preserved. Mehrangarh spells ‘security’ with its battlements soaring 123 meters above a hill that rises sharply from the surrounding countryside.
10. The windows and doors are tainted with stained glass that throws colours once the sunbeams touch the glass.
11. A serpentine road winds itself to the entrance gate which then passes through six other such gates.
12. The Chamunda temple and the Kunj Behari temple stand on the banks of the Gulab Sagar, close to the Raj Mahal. The goddess Kali is worshipped by the royalty of Jodhpur.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Mehrangarh Fort was built by?
Ans. Rajput ruler Rao Jodha of Mandore
Q. Mehrangarh Fort other name?
Ans. Majestic Fort
Q. When was Mehrangarh Fort built?
# Facts about Mehrangarh Fort # History of Mehrangarh Fort # Few Lines on Mehrangarh Fort