In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Gol Gumbaz in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Gol Gumbaz in English 10 lines for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Gol Gumbaz in English for Students
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Gol Gumbaz for students
1 Gol Gumbaz is a mausoleum that was built in the 17th century by Yaqut and is located in Bijapur, Karnataka, India.
2 Gol Gumbaz tomb houses Muhammad Adil Shah II remains who was the 7th sultan of Adil Shahi Dynasty.
3 Gol Gumbaz is the second largest dome in the world which is the main attraction for tourists.
4 The monument describes the Deccan architecture with a rich heritage of the region.
5 The monument was built over 20 years of span with 4 minarets at each corner.
6 The gallery of the mausoleum offers panoramic views of Bijapit for tourists.
7 Gol Gumbaz is constructed with dark basalt and light grey granite which is recognized as a landmark for Karanatka.
8 History enthusiasts around the world are attracted to the structural design and acoustic properties.
9 The octagonal design structure is considered a marvel of medieval engineering.
10 Every year, the death anniversary of the Saint Hazrat Shah Muhammad Qasim is commemorated at Gol Gumbaz during the Urs festival.
( Set-2 ) 10 sentences about Gol Gumbaz
1. Gol Gumbaz is also known as Gol Gumbad.
2. Gol Gumbaz is the mausoleum of Sultan Muhammad Adil Shah of Bijapur located in Karnataka.
3. Its construction work started in 1626 and it was completed in 1656.
4. It was built by Yakut of Dabul, a Persian architect.
5. Gol Gumbaz is also known as Vijay Stambh of Southern Architecture due to its architectural features.
6. Gol Gumbaz is the largest dome in India and the second largest in the world.
7. The height of the round dome is 51 meters and its diameter is 44 meters. It was made an 8-storey building with 4 minarets, in which curved stairs were built for entry.
8. There is a circular corridor in the inner perimeter of the Gol Gumbaz, which the British named the Whispering Gallery.
9. The sound echoes 7 times in this gallery and is heard very clearly from one side to the other.
10. There is also a museum in the premises of Gol Gumbaz which was established by the Britishers in 1892.
11. A beautiful view of Bijapur is visible from the top of Gol Gumbaz.
12. Deep gray basalt has been used in the construction of Gol Gumbaz.
13. There is not even a single support in the inner complex of the dome.