In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Punjab in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Punjab Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Punjab in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Punjab in English for students
1. Punjab is a state located in the north of India.
2. Punjab was established in 1947 and was formed on 1 November 1966.
3. The capital of Punjab is Chandigarh.
4. The total area of Punjab is 50,362 km² and it ranks 20th in terms of area in the whole of India.
5. The total population of Punjab is 2.8 crore and on the basis of population, it has 16th place in the whole of India.
6. Golden Temple is the biggest Gurdwara of the Sikhs in Amritsar, Punjab.
7. Punjab has 117 seats in the Legislative Assembly, 13 in the Lok Sabha, and 7 in the Rajya Sabha.
8. The official language of Punjab is Punjabi.
9. Kiran Bedi, India’s first woman IPS officer is from Punjab only.
10. Statehood Day is celebrated in Punjab on 1 November.
Read Also- 10 Lines on Haryana in English
10 Sentences about Punjab
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines on Punjab in English
1. Punjab is made up of Jhelum, Ravi, Chenab, Sutlej, and Beas rivers.
2. The state animal is blackbuck and the state bird of Punjab is the Baaz.
3. Punjab state tree is rosewood and the state river is Indus.
4. Ludhiana is the largest city in Punjab.
5. Bhangra of Punjab is famous all over the world.
6. Many actors, actresses, and singers are from Punjab only.
7. Before independence Punjab was divided into two parts out of which East Punjab came as part of India.
8. The land of Punjab is very fertile, hence it is also called the land of golden crops.
9. 80 percent people of Punjab do agriculture.
10. Districts of Punjab- Amritsar, Bhatinda, Firozpur, Faridkot, Fatehgarh Sahib, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Ludhiana, Mansa, Moga, Muktsar, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Patiala, Rupnagar, Sangrur, Tarn Taran Sahib, Barnala, Mohali.