Global warming is one of the most serious issues that world is facing today. What are the causes of global warming and what measures can governments and individuals take to tackle the issue.
Global Warming Essay Causes, Effects & Solutions
The Earth’s climatic conditions have always been in a state of flux. Ever since the industrialization in the late 1700’s the climate has altered in a drastic manner. This is due to global warming.
Global warming is referred to the gradual rise in the temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere. That includes the temperatures of both land and water. It is believed to cause a permanent change in the Earth’s climate. Although there are many conspiracies revolving around the effect of global warming, the data and facts collected by scientists prove otherwise. It was found that the average temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere had risen from 0.4 and 0.8 °C, in a span of 100 years.
The Causes of Global Warming
Global warming is caused due to the greenhouse effect. In an ideal state, the earth’s climate is in balance with the incoming energy from the sun and the outgoing radiation from the earth. It is when this balance is disrupted the greenhouse effect comes into the picture. The increased levels of carbon monoxide emitted from the combustion of fossil fuels, agriculture and other human activities create a shield over the Earth’s atmosphere. This layer prevents the outgoing radiation from the Earth’s surface to escape. Hence, the sun’s heat enters the atmosphere, but the heat emitted from the Earth’s surface is trapped. This causes the rapid increase in the climate.
The Effects of Global Warming
The current effects of global warming are:
• The increase in sea levels
• Most animals have migrated from their natural habitats to cooler areas
• An increase in precipitation across the globe
• various invasive species have begun breeding like the spruce bark beetles who thrive in hot climates and have fed on 4 million acres of spruce trees
• The rapid melting of ice at the Earth’s poles.
How to Prevent Global Warming?
One can prevent the adverse effects of global warming by:
• Using an alternative transport means like cycling, or using the public transport
• Invest in energy efficient applicants at home
• Driving a fuel-efficient vehicle
• Prevent bursting crackers or lighting bonfires
Global warming is like a slow disease. The symptoms may not be prevalent immediately, but if ignored could be life-threatening.
# Global Warming Essay Sample