In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Lohri Festival in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about the Lohri festival. Lines on Lohri Festival for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and competitive exams.
10 Lines on Lohri Festival For Students & Children in English
Ten | 10 Lines on Lohri Festival in English For Students
1. Lohri is a harvest festival which is celebrated on the 13th of January every year.
2. This festival celebrates the arrival of spring and bids a farewell to winter.
3. This festival is generally celebrated in the state of Punjab, Haryana, and Himachal Pradesh.
4. Lohri is generally celebrated by Hindus and Sikhs with full enthusiasm. This is the festival of a new beginning.
5. This festival is related to fire and sun and people lighten bonfire during the evening.
6. On this day people sing folk songs and dance to music produce by the dhol.
7. People meet their relatives, greet them, and exchange love and gifts.
8. This day is celebrated to pay tribute to Dullha Bhatti who is known as the Robin Hood of Punjab.
9. Various cultural activities are organized in schools and colleges.
10. Gajak and Mungfali is distributed among the people.
Some Lines on Lohri festival in English for Kids
1. Lohri is one of the major festivals of India, which is celebrated on 13th January every year.
2. It is also celebrated to welcome the arrival of the new harvest season and mark the end of the winter season.
3. In Punjab, people celebrate it by lighting bonfires and singing and dancing around it.
4. People offer til (sesame seeds) to the bonfire and pray for their prosperity and happiness.
5. On this day people eat peanuts, and popcorns with joy around the bonfire and distribute among each other.
6. First Lohri is celebrated in a grandly of newly married couples as well as newborn babies.
7. Fairs are organized at various places on the occasion of Lohri in Punjab and Haryana.
8. The next day after Lohri is Maghi, also observed as the first day of the new financial year where people take a holy dip in rivers.
9. It is also a tradition in Punjab to enjoy the famous dishes of ‘Makki di roti’ and ‘Sarson da saag’ on Lohri.
10. Lohri is the festival of spreading happiness, togetherness, and love.
# 5 Lines on Lohri Festival in English # Some lines on Lohri Festival
# 10 Lines short Essay on Lohri Festival