In this article, we are providing 10 Lines on Daman and Diu in English for Students & kids. In these lines, we have tried to give the facts, history, and information about Daman and Diu Essay for class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 students.
10 Lines on Daman and Diu in English
( Set-1 ) 10 Lines on Daman and Diu
1 Daman is the capital city of Daman and Diu which is situated on the western coast.
2 Daman and Diu have historical significance along with scenic beauty.
3 Portuguese architecture and pristine beaches are the main attractions of Diu.
4 St. Paul’s Church in Diu showcases the Portuguese influence.
5 Tourists mostly come for historic forts like Diu Fort and Moti Daman Fort.
6 The cultural heritage of the union territory is influenced by Indian and Portuguese traditions.
7 Daman and Diu has a mix of Gujarati and Portuguese cuisines.
8 Festivals like Diwali and Holi are celebrated with full enthusiasm in Daman.
9 Diu’s Ghoghla Beach is known for its pristine sands and blue water.
10 Tourists prefer Nagoa Beach, and Jampore Beach for picturesque spots and scenic beauty.
( Set-2 ) 10 Lines about Daman and Diu
1. Daman and Diu is a union territory of India which is a group of islands in the Arabian Sea near Mumbai.
2. Daman and Diu was incorporated in India on December 19, 1961, and was given the status of Union Territory on May 30, 1987.
3. Daman is the capital of Daman and Diu.
4. The total area of Daman and Diu is 112 km^2, on the basis of which it has 35th place in the whole of India.
5. The total population of Daman and Diu is 243 lakhs, on the basis of which it has 34th place in the whole of India.
6. Marathi, Konkani, Gujarati, English, and Hindi are the official languages of Daman and Diu.
7. Daman and Diu have 1 seat in the Lok Sabha.
8. Many great personalities like Lalu Bhai Patel, Prafulla Kharoda Patel, and B.S. Bhalla are from Daman and Diu.
9. Daman Ganga, Kalai, and Chasi are the major rivers of Daman and Diu.
10. Fishing is the most active activity in Daman and Diu.
11. There is a Gulf of Khambhat between Daman and Diu which separates Daman from Diu.
12. In ancient times, Diu used to be the most important seaport for the trade of spices.
13. The Battle of Diu was fought between the Portuguese and the Sultan of Gujarat.
14. Bombay High Court is used for justice in Daman and Diu.
15. The Diu Fort was built by the Portuguese to protect Diu from the Mughal ruler Humayun.