In this article, we are providing Informative 10 lines on Ashoka The Great in English. In these lines, we have tried our best to give detailed information about Ashoka. 10 Lines on Ashoka essay for classes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
10 Lines on Ashoka The Great For Students & Children in English
Few | 10 Lines short Essay on Ashoka The Great
1. Ashoka was considered the last Mauryan emperor.
2. He ascended the throne in 273 BC, but coronation took place after four years.
3. He conquered Kalinga in the eighth year of his reign.
4. The `Kalinga War’ changed him to Dharmashoka.
5. He adopted Buddhism and followed the policy of Dharnza Vijaya.
6. He guaranteed freedom to everybody to practice their own religion.
7. He appointed a special class of officials to practice Dharma called, Dharma-Mahamatras.
8. He sent people to Egypt, Syria, and Macedonia to spread Buddhism.
9. His son Mahendra and daughter Sanghamitra went to Ceylon as missionaries.
10. Teachings of Buddhism on the rocks and pillars are found at Sarnath.
11. The Pillar at Sarnath having four lion’s faces is India’s national emblem.
12. Ashoka’s Wheel is represented in the center of India’s national flag.
13. Tibetan tradition mentions that he died at Taxila.
# 5 Ashoka on India in English # Some | Sentence | Few lines on Ashoka